This 1895 building near Union Square was recently acquired in a joint venture between Taconic Investment Partners, TH Real Estate, and Squire Associates. It is undergoing a complete re-development, including an exterior restoration, interior renovation, and systems modernization to increase its commercial leasing value and convert it to single floor tenancies. Our firm is leading the restoration efforts, advising the design team – Studios Architecture, Stantec, and GMS Engineers – on the curtain wall detailing at the building base; restoring the limestone, terra cotta, and brick facade; replacing the roof; and conducting the exterior envelope energy analysis. The project commenced construction in Fall 2017.
New York, NY